By Arbroath, Angus
This stunning high quality conversion, with a beautifully designed interior, is an ideal house for families or couples. It is situated in a fabulous secluded woodland setting in the centre of Kinblethmont estate, with woodland walks and a walled garden containing a children's play area and garden games to keep the younger members of your party happy. There are lots of farms tracks and flat roads around the estate and the owners have a number of bicycles available for rental.
The area is a perfect holiday destination with a wide variety of activities and amenities available for all ages. The spectacular beaches of Lunan Bay and the Montrose Basin are within easy driving distance and are a great treat, both in the summer and winter.
If you are looking to play some golf then Letham Grange golf course is only a mile away and can be reached on foot. A short drive will take you to one of several excellent local courses and both the Championship courses of Carnoustie and St Andrews are less than an hour's drive. There are opportunities for both sea and river fishing, cycling, hillwalking, skiing in the winter at Glenshee and you can even learn to traction kite at Lunan bay. The area is also rich in historic interest with Hospitalfield House 10 minutes away and Glamis Castle and Scone Palace both well worth a visit.
The old fishing town of Arbroath is famous for its Arbroath smokies - wander down to the picturesque harbour and see them being hot smoked in the traditional way. The visitor centre at the impressive Arbroath Abbey explains the importance of the 14th century Declaration of Arbroath and how it has affected Scotland's history. There is a lot to see and do in Dundee, all year round; you can visit Captain Scott's Antarctic expedition ship Discovery, the Verdant Works, or McManus Galleries. Dundee also offers good restaurants, theatres and the Dundee Contemporary Arts centre for a taste of modern day culture.
Kinblethmont is a beautiful estate and guests have acres to explore on foot or bicycle - and perhaps spot the red squirrels and deer who live here too!
- Sleeps - 4
- Bedrooms - 2 (1 king, 1 twin/superking)
- Bathrooms - 1 bathroom. Downstairs WC
- Washing machine/dryer
- Large 3D TV with sky, DVD, ipod sound bar
- Free WiFi - rural connection
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating downstairs, radiators upstairs
- High chair and cot available
- Private patio and grassed garden areas
- Garden table and chairs, loungers, charcoal BBQ
- Private parking
- No pets
- Short breaks - not in July or August
- Arbroath - 5 miles
- Airports - Dundee 22 miles, Edinburgh 80 miles
- Stations - Arbroath 5 miles (Plymouth/London/Aberdeen main line)
- Pubs and restaurants - 5 miles
- Golf - Letham Grange 1 mile, Carnoustie 14 miles and many others
- Cycling - Around Kinblethmont estate, bike hire, cycle path network 1 mile
- Children's play area in Kinblethmont walled garden
- Sandy beaches - Lunan Bay 7 miles, Montrose 12 miles
- Fishing - sea and river
- Hill walking - Angus glens 25 miles
- Coastal paths - 5 miles
- Castles and historic houses
- Water park in Dundee
The Stables, Kinblethmont, By Arbroath, Angus DD11 4RW Scotland