East and West Finlaystone Barns
The Barns are situated near Glasgow in Renfrewshire at the heart of Finlaystone Estate, which overlooks the Clyde estuary. There are 10 acres of formal gardens and extensive woodlands to explore and visitors can also use the woodland BBQ. The Estate, which is a popular local attraction, also has a small shop, a tea room, a therapy centre run by Pure Lochside and a ranger service and is home to the Clan MacMillan Centre. Visitors can easily access a wide range of local places of interest from Glasgow to Loch Lomond, all within easy driving distance.
Many famous golf courses such as Loch Lomond, Royal Troon, Prestwick and Gleneagles are within an hour's drive of Finlaystone and islands such as Bute and the Cumbraes can be visited by local ferries for a day. The world class Ingliston equestrian centre is close by and there are some great walks in the area - you can choose from a gentle stroll to a more energetic climb up the majestic Ben Lomond. Renfrewshire has a varied landscape with rolling green fields, wide open moorland covered in heather, white painted villages and some stunning views.
Glasgow is a renowned as a wonderful place to shop but even closer to Finlaystone is Braehead, a shopping centre with a retail park consisting of over 100 stores. Braehead also boasts Xscape for leading-edge fun attractions: you can ski and snowboard on real snow all year, play golf, football and bowling, climb walls and walk in the air in any kind of weather.
This is a great base for any trip to the west of Scotland for business or pleasure.
- Two identical properties
- Sleeps - 2 + child on sofa bed
- Bedrooms - 1 kingsized double
- Bathrooms - 1
- Nespresso coffee machine
- TV and DVD player
- Free WiFi Broadband
- Woodburning stove
- Electric heating
- Cot and high chair available
- Use of 10 acres of formal gardens, BBQ in woods
- Pets welcome
- Short breaks
- Glasgow 18 miles, Greenock 5 miles
- Glasgow Airport - 12 miles
- Langbank station - 1.5 miles
- Pubs in Langbank 1.5 miles and Kilmacolm 2.5 miles
- Wide selection of restaurants - Glasgow 18 miles
- Golf course - Gleddoch and Kilmacolm 2 miles
- Woodland walks on Finlaystone Estate
- Pure Lochside organic spa treatments - by appointment
- Shop, tea room, ranger service on estate
- Clan MacMillan Centre
- Ingliston equestrian centre - 5 miles
- Waterside swimming pool and ice rink - Greenock 5 miles
- Braehead Shopping Centre
East and West Barns, Finlaystone Estate, Langbank, Renfrewshire. PA14 6TJ Scotland