Picturesque Callander (with a population of 2500) is located on the eastern edge of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Callander itself lies on the southern edge of the Scottish Highlands and the area is renowned for beautiful, unspoilt and spectacular scenery yet is within just over one hour of Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Outdoor activities are particularly well catered for in the area with excellent opportunities for walking to suit all abilities, cycling and mountain biking, fishing, golf, sailing, water sports and bird watching. All these activities and many more are available within or very close to Callander.
There are many ancient and historic sites to visit close by including Doune and Stirling Castle and Inchmaholm Priory. Edinburgh and Glasgow are readily accessible for day trips as are Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Oban and Perth.
Callander offers a wide range of shops and places to eat and drink suiting all tastes and budgets. There is information readily available at the Rob Roy and Trossachs Visitor Centre. You will be spoilt for choice with places to visit and things to do.
- Sleeps - 4
- Bedrooms - 2 (1 double with ensuite, 1 twin)
- Bathrooms - 2 (1 ensuite with bath and overhead shower, 1 with shower)
- Washing machine
- TV and DVD
- Living flame gas fire
- Gas central heating, combi boiler
- Large sun room
- Secluded, sunny garden with furniture
- Cot and high chair possible given notice
- No pets
- Minimum weekly let
- Situated in the town of Callander
- Stirling - 16 miles
- Nearest airports - Edinburgh 45 miles, Glasgow 51 miles
- Nearest train station - Dunblane 12 miles
- Wide range of places to eat and drink within walking distance
- 18 hole golf course - 5 minute walk
- Walking – excellent choice suiting all levels and abilities accessible within a few minutes
- Fishing - game and coarse fishing locally available on River Teith and surrounding Lochs
- Mountain biking / cycling - several off road cycle trails within less than 0.5 miles
- Swimming Pool / Leisure Centre in Callander 1 mile
- Sailing / Watersports nearby
- Easy day trips possible to Stirling, Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Many historical sites including Doune Castle, Stirling Castle and Inchmaholm Priory
Bracklinn Cottage, Garlands Cottages, Craigard Road,
Callander, FK17 6DN Scotland, UK